Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
lobo519
Veteran
Liked: 38 times

Left over snapshot from Replication

Post by lobo519 »

I have had a few snapshots left after what I assume was a failed replica job. The problem is not knowing they are there for a few weeks and now it takes hours to remove.

Anyone else have this issue?

Maybe a script could be run once a day to monitor for old snapshots and generate an email??

Maybe a warning notification could be generated by Veeam?
lobo519
Veteran
Liked: 38 times

Re: Left over snapshot from Replication

Post by lobo519 »

I have quickly answered my own question. I created an alarm in vCenter to notify when a snapshot grows over a particular size.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Actually, we have these kind of predefined alarms (snapshot age, size) in Veeam ONE. You can set notification emails and post job scripts for these alarms too.

Furthermore, in our new version (#6) we have a dedicated snapshots overview report. This report will show a list of all VMs with active snapshots, including the oldest and largest snapshots in your virtual environment.
Jamie
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Jamie Coutts

Post by Jamie »

Hi,
where is the snapshot overview report?
Almost all of our VMware issues are snapshot related so this would be very handy to get this info quickly for all servers
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Jamie, this report will be available in Veeam ONE version 6, which is coming VERY soon. You may want to register on this page to be among the first ones to be notified about general availability of Veeam ONE v6. Thanks!