Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Muhammadshah
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Muhammad Shah

Veeam Linux 8 SSH error

Post by Muhammadshah »

Hi,

Using VBR 12.1 and trying to restore the Oracle database, The Veeam Explorer for Oracle fails to connect to the Linux server. Then I have tried to restore Linux guest files but got the same error.

When I analyze the /var/log/secure I've found the following error,

sshd[8102]: Unable to negotiate with 192.168.200.9 port 51515: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 [preauth]
sshd[8104]: Connection closed by 192.168.200.9 port 51517 [preauth]

The issue doesn't appear to Linux 7
I have logged the case with Veeam, and the Veeam Support Engineer is asking me a strange question, "Why I need restore"?
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Veeam Linux 8 SSH error

Post by PetrM »

Hi Muhammad,

Well, I guess our support engineer would like to find out more details about your business case to think out the best action plan for troubleshooting: for example, it is a test restore or it is a production restore, etc. Unfortunately, I cannot request an escalation of your request because I don't have a support case ID.

In the meantime, please check this KB.

Also, please provide a support case ID as requested when you create a new topic about a technical issue. As explained there, we cannot troubleshoot technical issues effectively over the forum posts. All posts about technical issues without case ID will be eventually deleted by the forum moderator.

Thanks!
Muhammadshah
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Muhammad Shah

Post by Muhammadshah »

The case I am following is # 07128629, and I have tried all the possible options to restore but the movement VBR tires to connect to the Linux 8 server. the connection gets refused on the Linux.

Further I'm facing production down issue and needs to recover the Oracle database that is running on Linux 8 server.

Error:
sshd[41489]: Unable to negotiate with 192.x.y.z port 51447: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 [preauth]
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Hi Muhammad,

Ok, I'll ask our support team to pay extra attention to your case. It's not a support forum and I doubt that you would find a solution here, it would be best to continue troubleshooting this case with your engineer.

Thanks!