Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
AlexHeylin
Veeam Legend
Liked: 173 times
Full Name: Alex Heylin

[ER] Able to specify repo to SureBackup from

Post by AlexHeylin »

When setting up a SureBackup job it would be very helpful to be able to specify which repo(s) are eligible to be used as the source. For example run SB on UK HV using the copy of the USA backups which has been BCJ'd to the UK.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: [ER] Able to specify repo to SureBackup from

Post by Mildur »

Hi Alex

This request seems to have the same goal as the one I just have moved. Testing backup copies instead of primary backups. Correct?

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
AlexHeylin
Veeam Legend
Liked: 173 times
Full Name: Alex Heylin

Re: [ER] Able to specify repo to SureBackup from

Post by AlexHeylin »

Hi Fabian,
Tentatively yes..... I'm trying to think of a case where the difference between specifying the source job or the eligible repo would make a practical difference and right now I can't. However that might depend on how the eligible VMs / RPs are selected - for example there's not much point keep running SB on a RP for a VM that was deleted two week ago... The point should be to verify that after the latest RPs are created (backup or BCJ) that those RPs are good. Running SB against outdated RPs or for deleted VMs (which happens now) doesn't seem like the best implementation.
So - yes to intent, but the details of other changes might mean the difference between the two requests matters.
Thanks
Alex