Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
kevin.boddy
Service Provider
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Kevin Boddy

How to get a legacy backup copy job from Disk (Imported) into Disk (Copy) or Disk (Orphaned)

Post by kevin.boddy »

Hi,

I have an old backup copy job that I need to keep for 10 years.
The original backup copy job was removed during one the many VBR upgrades before orphaned jobs were a thing.
The original VMs in the backup copy job have been deleted years ago.

Is it possible to get this legacy backup copy job back into the Disk (Copy) or Disk (Orphaned) backups somehow so that the retention policy can be applied?

I was hoping to just clone one of my other old disabled legacy backup copy jobs and attach the imported backup copy job but you can no longer clone a legacy backup copy job.

Thanks
Kevin
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: How to get a legacy backup copy job from Disk (Imported) into Disk (Copy) or Disk (Orphaned)

Post by Mildur »

Hi Kevin

Unfortunately not.
Is it a single restore point which needs to be deleted in 10 years or multiple restore points which has to be deleted on a monthly base?

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
kevin.boddy
Service Provider
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Kevin Boddy

Re: How to get a legacy backup copy job from Disk (Imported) into Disk (Copy) or Disk (Orphaned)

Post by kevin.boddy »

Hi,

Multiple restore points monthly. I has hoping to apply the retention policy instead of having to wait the full term before deleting the entire backup.

Thanks
Kevin