Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
maximilian.linseisen
Lurker
Liked: never

Re: EMC DD After upgrade to latest V12 - Error: Failed to call RPC function 'DDBoostFcWriteFile': Failed to open file '

Post by maximilian.linseisen »

simo77 wrote: Aug 29, 2023 2:24 pm Hi,
FYI:
we also ran into DDBoost Error 5004. Veeam Support gives us a fix that seems working (just a single DLL file to replace in a certain directory), but we noticed that when a server rescan occurs the original bugged DLL is restored and the fixing DLL is renamed with prefix "old_12.0.0.1420_".
We have just asked support to investigate this.
Same behavior on our site, have you received an answer from Veeam?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: EMC DD After upgrade to latest V12 - Error: Failed to call RPC function 'DDBoostFcWriteFile': Failed to open file '

Post by Mildur »

Hi Maximilian

Please open a support case if you face the same technical issue.
Hotfixes can only be obtained through a support case. We will include them in a cumulative patch or next version if we see multiple customers are affected by the issue.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
pmichelli
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times

Post by pmichelli »

Hi Fabian

Will this fix be included in the next Veeam update? I am not a fan of hot-patches unless absolutely necessary. I am holding off upgrading the DD-OS on both my Data Domains.

Thanks
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

ibarizz wrote: Sep 25, 2023 12:33 pm Just wondering if this hotfix is gonna be available for all the public or a case support is really needed to get it. A public KB would be really appreciated :)
We don't share private fixes publicly as we need it to be a controllable process. The fix in question though will be included with v12.1.
HJAdams123
Enthusiast
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Harold Adams

Post by HJAdams123 »

Any ideas when 12.1 will be released? I just upgraded to v12 and now I am seeing this with some of my backups that use Data Domain as a repository....
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

Hi Harold

Current plan is to release v12.1 before the end of 2023.

Best,
Fabian
JTT
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: JTT

Post by JTT »

Is there any kind of Veeam processe that can update this VeeamDeploymentDll.dll file? Last night suddenly some of the backups were failing. I checked the dll and its date modified date was last night and size is 7870KB. The dll provided with the fix was from 04.08 with size 7869KB
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

Hi JTT

No, that shouldn't happen just so.
Have someone go through the properties in the backup console of the managed server/Datadomain repository?
This may deploy our original VeeamDeploymentDll.dll file from the backup server to the Gateway server.

Best,
Fabian
JTT
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: JTT

Post by JTT »

It seems, when i do a rescan on the repository, it replaces the DLL
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

Hi JTT

On the automatic rescans or when you click on the properties (next --> next --> Finish)?

I have compared the case and our internal guide for the hotfix. It seems to me our support engineer didn't provided you with all locations where the DLL should be placed in. My assumption is that the old DLL gets redeployed from one of those locations on the backup server.

Option 1 would be to open a support case and ask for the right locations regarding your environment. Or wait for our upcoming release v12.1.

Best,
Fabian
djbo
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: David Valverde

Post by djbo »

hello,

To solve the problem of the GW being left pending, what I did was uninstall the VEEAM INSTALLER SERVICE of version 12 and install the VEEAM INSTALLER SERVICE of version 11 in all the proxies and in the VBR, after this I no longer have issues, with 3 DataDomains with diferents versions from 7.6 to 7.10.
Waiting for the patch for version V12.1 to fix it.

Greetings.
pemok
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Kscheminski

Post by pemok »

Hello all,
since 12.1 was released, was the issue fixed ? Or do I still need to deploy the private fix?
regards
PemoK
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

The fix mentioned in the thread was included in v12.1, no need to install it separately.
maol
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Lorenzo Mao

Post by maol »

Hello,
i'm facinging similari issue on v12.1

Task failed. Error: Failed to call RPC function 'DDBoostGetUnitInfo': Failed to initialize DDBoost Library. in use. Err: 5012.

can you please confirm private fix have been included in 12.1?

support case 07142509