Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
awdlkj1kjh2j3lkas
Novice
Liked: never

Backup Job was not found

Post by awdlkj1kjh2j3lkas »

Hi everyone,

i want to keep only one full backup of my PC, but sadly the minimum veeam keeps is three, so i thought i could export the .xml config of that job and then edit that.

Now my problem is that when i run the following command "Veeam.Agent.Configurator.exe -export /id:Job Id copied from the veeam job summary /f:C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Configuration.xml" it always says the following:
Warnings:
Backup job was not found.

ExitCode: 2

How does it not find the job if the id is correct? :cry: I also ran the cmd as admin to make sure it isnt a permission issue of some sort.

Many thanks in advance!
awdlkj1kjh2j3lkas
Novice

Re: Backup Job was not found

Ok so because i only have one job at the moment i ran "Veeam.Agent.Configurator.exe -export" now and it exited with code "0", so that worked.
I then looked at the configuration and it says something like "System.Security.SecurityException" message: "The requested registry access is not permitted"
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Hi awdlkj1kjh2j3lkas

Welcome to the forum.
You don't need to export/import XML files to configure your backup job with a single full backup.
Open your job settings and disable synthetic and active full. Backup job will then start using a forever forward incremental chain.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
awdlkj1kjh2j3lkas
Novice

Hi Fabian,

thanks for your fast answer. I think i expressed myself wrongly :). I want to automatically make a full backup every three months but due to storage reasons i then want the old full backup deleted so at all times i only have one full backup on my storage.

Many thanks in advance
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hello

A setting to have periodic full backups and only keeping 1 full backup does not exist. There will always be 2-3 full backups on your disk.
Why? Because we cannot delete the older full backup after a new full backup was created. The older full backup is required to restore from incremental backups between both full backups.

Scheduling full backups every three months is possible with the following setting. But as I have explained, there will be 2-3 full backups on your disk:

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software