Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
NikDave
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Dave Moreton

Restore Points

Post by NikDave »

Hi Guys,

For some reason over the last month the retention policy of keeping 10 days has stopped working and it filled the disk up, nothing has changed.

I had to delete the backups from disk to free up space but now have 19 restore points when there should only be 10.

I don't seem to have the delete option when I right click on the file in the backup properties, any help?

Thanks
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Restore Points

Post by Mildur »

Hi Dave

Run a rescan of your repository and check the backup properties if there are any missing restore points:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=120
For some reason over the last month the retention policy of keeping 10 days has stopped working and it filled the disk up, nothing has changed. I had to delete the backups from disk to free up space but now have 19 restore points when there should only be 10.
Please contact our customer support to investigate this issue. Manual deletion should never be required. The retention policy should always take care of removing restore points for you. Please keep in mind, with regular full backups you will always have more restore points on your disk as configured in the backup job. With weekly full backups, you will see 1-7 days more restore points as configured.

Also make sure that regular full backups are running on the day they were scheduled. If not, the backup chain will also contain another week of daily restore points. With monthly full backups even 30 days of more restore points.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software