Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
JonICS
Lurker
Liked: never

Comminty Edition and MFA

Post by JonICS »

Hello,

Are there any plans to allow Veeam Backup & Replication V12 to utilize MFA while being on Community Edition.

It just seems like an odd choice to lock such an important security feature behind needing a license.

It would be a great change to see MFA come to the Community Edition so it is easier to further protect backups.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Comminty Edition and MFA

Post by Gostev »

Hello, there are no plans to expand Community Editions functionality with MFA or any other functionality at this time. Conversions to paid versions will really need to improve before I'm allowed to even consider anything like that. CE's main problem today is that it is "too good" for a free product and vast majority of its users simply don't see ANY reason to upgrade. So it becomes increasingly hard for me to defend the very existence of this offering - even in its current form - in front of the Corp stakeholders...
JonICS
Lurker
Liked: never

Re: Comminty Edition and MFA

Post by JonICS »

I do agree, CE is a great product! I cannot argue that. It just seems strange to start disabling features with industry standard security ones that a lot of free software has available.

We always try to get our clients to purchase full licenses to unlock the most out of Veeam B&R. but sometimes you get those 4 user companies that can't always afford it and just want some sort of backup in place. Our go too has always been CE, but without MFA being an option we might have to figure something out for them moving forward as we are really pushing to MFA everything.

Thanks for the info, I do hope some miracle happens and CE gets MFA at some point. There is no question for me that Veeam is the best DR product on the market.