Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dbrett
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Dan Brett

Issues using Linux agent on NAS

Post by dbrett »

I have a case open with support (#5183840) and they are stumped, so I thought I would post here to see if anybody had any ideas.

We have a number of Qnap NAS's using the Linux agent (edit: as a repository) with no problems but one is causing issues and I am unable to work out why. To get the agent working in the first place I have installed IPKG and from there installed Perl. Once installed the agent works fine. I have a couple of other boxes working and they have been for a few months or so with no issues.

This particular box worked fine for a few weeks and then had an issue during the backup causing it to fail. Once it had failed the retry also failed. Looking at the logs it appeared that the ls and df commands being sent to the box were unable to run due to the limited options available on the NAS (lack of ls --color and df -P). Installing the coreutils IPKG package resolved those issues but I now get the following:

Code: Select all

[23.04.2012 18:00:29] <01> Error    CheckStorage failed (System.Exception)
[23.04.2012 18:00:29] <01> Error       at Veeam.Backup.AgentProvider.CBackupClient.CheckStorage(String storageFilename, ECheckStorageLevel level)
[23.04.2012 18:00:29] <01> Error       at Veeam.Backup.Core.CStorageEx.CheckConsistent(ECheckStorageLevel level)
[23.04.2012 18:00:29] <01> Error       at Veeam.Backup.Core.CSyntStorageAlg.PrepareStorages(CPoint currPoint, CPoint prevPoint)
The agent logs on the NAS don't have any errors in at all, the above is from the backup server.

The firmware revisions are identical across all the devices I have. The other devices have not had coreutils installed, even if the backup fails and goes into retry mode I do NOT have the same issues, the retry works fine.

If I reseed the backup from scratch it works fine, but as soon as an error occurs I am back to square one.

For some reason this device is not working the same as the others but all I have to work on is the above. Has anybody got any ideas that could help?

Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Issues using Linux agent on NAS

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Dan,
dbrett wrote:For some reason this device is not working the same as the others but all I have to work on is the above.
Could you please tell me if you have the same connection link to this storage device? Maybe QNAP support would help us to identify what is the difference between the devices that work and this one?

Thanks!
dbrett
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Dan Brett

Post by dbrett »

Hi Vitaliy, what do you mean by 'connection link'? The NAS is currently on the local LAN and setup to use SSH as per the 'normal' procedure..
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

I just assumed it is located elsewhere.