Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
danboddy
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Daniel Boddy

ONE V6 - Pipes Errors

Post by danboddy »

Just installed the latest V6 ONE solution. Cannot connect a client on any other machine to the Monitor Server.
The logs for ONE report "Error ocurred in Pipe Server. Access Denied"
Having read posts for Monitor 5 i have modified the registry with reference to KB1550 updated for new location for ONE rather than Monitor (adding a key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Monitor ONE\Service - clientauthcheck 0)
this now successfully allows clients on the same domain to access the server , but as all the clients in our organisation are on our old Domain and all Servers are migrated to our new domain, i need cross domain authentication to work (and ideally i dont want the authentication disabled anyway due to the security risk)
There is another forum post with this error and you suggest checking Page 18 of the user guide for Monitor 5 to "open all the ports" i have looked through the ONE v6 install and user guide but i havet found anywhere about opening ports, firewall is disabled on server already

any help would be appreciated
Regards
Dan
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: ONE V6 - Pipes Errors

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Daniel,

Could you please tell me if you have trust relationship configured between your domains? Have you added accounts that you're using to Veeam ONE Administrators/Users group?

Thank you.
rbrambley
Veeam Software
Liked: 57 times
Full Name: Rich Brambley

Post by rbrambley »

Daniel,

I recently had connection problems from the client as well. I know I was getting authentication errors, but I do not recall seeing the pipe server message. It turns out my problem was that the systems where I could not use the client could not properly resolve the Monitor server. With your cross domain set up, make sure that your DNS resolution is working correctly from each system where you want to use the client.

You should also make sure that all user accounts are placed in the proper Veeam ONE local groups on the ONE Server. If you cannot add an account from a different domain you can try creating a local user that has the same username and password as the domain accounts.
danboddy
Novice

Post by danboddy »

Many thanks for the replies to answer them
1. We have a full trust relationship between the domains
2. Users and groups have been added into the Veeam One admins / operators /readers groups without success - the only way to get a client to connect at all was to disable authentication checking
3. After some more investigation i have also found that there is a limit of "1" Veaam monitor client connection at any one time, it simply refuses to allow another client to connect if one is already connected, which will be an issue with 2 - 3 of us managing the estate
4. DNS is fully up and running and clients resolve the Server by hostname (with or without FQDN) and reverse lookup also works.

As i say this server is in Production use for a couple of other applications which require cross domain authentication which works fine.

at the moment it would be good to get the IN Domain authentication working then we can move onto the other issues
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Daniel, have you tried applying the workaround below?
Release Notes wrote:In multi-Monitor Client environment, a connection to Veeam ONE Monitor Server may fail with the following error: "Service connection failed Address = \\IP_Address\pipe\VeeaMDCS Error = 0xe7". To work around this issue, you need to add the Veeam ONE Monitor service account to the Veeam ONE Administrators group.
danboddy
Novice

Post by danboddy »

Thank you Vitaliy

it would appear that little nugget has solved all the issues..

Multi connections from both domains and with client authentication re-enabled (tested an authorised user - allowed, and a non-authorised user denied)

many thanks
Dan
mohibra
Lurker
Full Name: Mohamed Ibrahim

Veeam one v6 Error in login

Post by mohibra »

[merged]

We have installed veeam one monitoring, when we open the veeam client and it gives the error "Could not connect to the veeam one monitor server". We have two user, but with one user it is successfully logging in but with one account it is not. But both the account has same privilage and part of veeam one administrator group, veeam one dashboard group, server admin group. We we had a lok into the logs it says somewhat related to the access denied error. could someone please help us to solve the issue.

Code: Select all

0.04.12 11:16:35 Error   0x0E08 pipeserv	"Error occured in pipe server. Access is denied. "
30.04.12 11:16:37 Error   0x0E08 pipeserv	"Error occured in pipe server. Access is denied. "
30.04.12 11:16:39 Error   0x0E08 pipeserv	"Error occured in pipe server. Access is denied. "
30.04.12 11:16:41 Error   0x0E08 pipeserv	"Error occured in pipe server. Access is denied. "
30.04.12 11:16:43 Error   0x0E08 pipeserv	"Error occured in pipe server. Access is denied. "
30.04.12 11:16:45 Error   0x0E08 pipeserv	"Error occured in pipe server. Access is denied. "
30.04.12 11:16:47 Error   0x0E08 pipeserv	"Error occured in pipe server. Access is denied. "
Action taken:-

1) Restarted the veeam server.
2) added the account in Veeam one administrator group.
3) added Veeam one dashbord viewer group.
Vitaly.Mzokov
Expert
Liked: 25 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Mzokov

Post by Vitaly.Mzokov »

Hello Mohamed,

If the workaround mentioned above does not help, I would strongly recommend contacting our support team, as it's hard to troubleshoot issues via forums and we might need to investigate this problem closer.

Thanks,
VM.
wirool
Lurker
Full Name: William Rogério de Oliveira

Problem of access to Veeam Monitor

Post by wirool »

[merged]

Hello all,

I have a problem of access to Veeam Monitor and would like to help you. After I upgraded our version Veeam One v6 are no longer able to access the console monitor more than one computer at a time.

You know if this is some kind of limitation of that version or is there some setting I can do?

Thank you,
rbrambley
Veeam Software
Liked: 57 times
Full Name: Rich Brambley

Post by rbrambley » 1 person likes this post

William,

Start with this KB Article:

http://www.veeam.com/KB1596
To resolve this issue, add the Veeam ONE Monitor service account to the Veeam ONE Administrators security group.
wirool
Lurker
Full Name: William Rogério de Oliveira

Post by wirool »

Thank you,

I added the service account to the Administrators group Veeam and it worked without problems.
Thank you,

William
Dave
Enthusiast
Full Name: DT

Veeam Monitor Client

Post by Dave »

[merged]

Hi,

I have installed veeam monitor client to connect to the veeam monitor server, the veeam monitor server is also used as client.
When the client is open on the veeam monitor server I can not connect the to the veeam monitor server from the other client, is there a configuration that I am missing or is it not allowed to access the database with two or more veeam monitor clients.

Kind regards,
Dave
Vitaly.Mzokov
Expert
Liked: 25 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Mzokov

Post by Vitaly.Mzokov »

Hi Dave,

Check this KB article for resolution please - http://www.veeam.com/KB1596. Hope it helps.
Also, if something goes wrong or you need any assistance/help, please do not hesitate asking our support team for help. :)

- VM.
Bastian
Novice
Full Name: Bastian Thillmann

Veeam ONE free / only one Session at a time

Post by Bastian »

[merged]

Hi,

I´ve installed VEEAM ONE free. At the Server i´ve installed at, i added some users to the new Local Monitoring Groups. But now just one User at a time can start the VEEAM ONE Monitoring Client. Each user has installed the Client at his own PC.

This confuses me. As I read in the comparison free to full Document, the free Edition has multi user support.

I don´t know if i´am doing something wrong.

Can someone give me a hint?
Bastian
Novice

Post by Bastian »

OK,

I´ve checked the above mentioned KB article also.
1. The name of the machine where Veeam ONE Monitor Server runs is correctly specified in Veeam ONE Monitor client settings.
YES
2. Veeam ONE Monitor Server is reachable via network from the machine where Veeam ONE Monitor Client runs.
YES
3. The user account which is used to run Veeam ONE Monitor Client is included in the Veeam ONE Users security group (at least) on the machine where the Veeam ONE Server component is installed.
All Users are included in the VEEAM ONE admin group where the Veeam ONE Server component is installed

Still only one user can connect with the client.

Some other hints?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Actually you should take a look a little further to resolve your issue:
KB wrote:As per Veeam ONE v6 Release Notes, in multi-Monitor Client environment, connection to Veeam ONE Monitor Server may fail with one of the following errors:
Service connection failed Address = \\IP_Address\pipe\VeeaMDCS Error = 0xe7

Service connection failed Address = \\IP_Address\pipe\VeeaMDCS Error = 0x5
To resolve this issue, add the Veeam ONE Monitor service account to the Veeam ONE Administrators security group.
Bastian
Novice

Post by Bastian »

OK,

it works. Just added service account.

Thank´s a lot
nmace
Enthusiast
Liked: 12 times

Could Not Connect To Veeam Monitor Server

Post by nmace »

[merged]

I've got the free version of Veeam One installed. If I RDP into the server, the client can connect fine. But if I try to connect to the server via the Veeam One client from my laptop I get a "Could not connect to Veeam One Monitor Server specified in Options -> Client Settings". I've tried the host name and the fully qualified name. It doesn't seem to be a problem the server service as that works fine from the box it's installed on. It's not a Firewall issue either. Could it be a limit of the free version?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi nmace,

Please try the solution mentioned in this thread, should help.

Thanks!
nmace
Enthusiast
Liked: 12 times

Post by nmace »

I had to add the Veeam One User to the group and then restart the Veeam One service. It works now. Thanks!
tbull
Novice
Full Name: Tim Bullock

can't connect multiple clients at same time

Post by tbull »

Set up a trial Veeam One server with default settings. We can only have one person connected to the Veeam One monitor at a time.

Has anyone seen this before? before anyone asks, this is no help: http://www.veeam.com/KB1596
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Tim, if the resolution mentioned in this KB article doesn't help, then I would recommend to review your Monitor debug logs with the help of our support team.