Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
AlexL
Service Provider
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Alex

organization sync not working

Post by AlexL »

Most, but not all, of our VB365 servers have the same issue, the organization sync with the tenant seems not to be working anymore.
Sometimes if we restart Veeam.Archiver.Service it will work once.

Also I'm seeing lots of errors in the Veeam.Archiver.Service_*.logs which I believe we didn't have before.

Error: The underlying secure session has faulted before the reliable session fully completed. The reliable session was faulted.

I have the feeling this started after the latest update 7.1.0.1401 P20231218 but I cannot say this with 10% certainty.

Get-VBOOrganizationSynchronizationState shows a LastSyncTime of older than 1 day.

Start-VBOOrganizationSynchronization has no effect

Haven't created a case yet, will do so soon.
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 710 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: organization sync not working

Post by Polina »

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the heads up.
Please open a support case and post your case ID in this thread.
AlexL
Service Provider

Post by AlexL » 1 person likes this post

Apparently the latest update is 1501 I just found out, upgrading two servers now, will created a case later if that does not fix the issue.
AlexL
Service Provider

Post by AlexL »

The two upgraded servers (1401->1501) have done a sync 24 hours after reboot so there is indication that the update fixed it somehow, no mention in the release notes of this however.
I'll be upgrading the other servers and see how it goes, no case yet, will do so if issues reappear after the 1501 update.

Most probably not a cause or reason but the update to 1301 and 1401 was done with the updater, the 1501 update was done by doing the update from the downloaded iso since check selecting 'Upgrade' did not show anything new yesterday (but today it does).
AlexL
Service Provider

Post by AlexL »

all servers upgraded to 1501, 2 out of 10 vbo servers still have issues, I've opened a case (Case #07122808)
AlexL
Service Provider

Post by AlexL » 1 person likes this post

update: Support acknowledged that this is a known issue, I got a private fix for 1501, so far so good but it's not been 24h yet.
bielekovve
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Post by bielekovve »

Hi, I also noticed that we were "out of sync" since February, 18th... awful, because our script didn't add new team and spo sites to the jobs since that time... case #07193291...

I also got the private fix for that issue... and I think, I introduced the failure with 710.1501 or .1401 I am not sure...

VBM365 should give a warning if the organisation cache (I didn't know before that this exists in VBM) is older than x days...
t7MevELx0
Service Provider

Post by t7MevELx0 »

Yeah, we are seeing this as well.

The same errors are showing up in our Archiver REST log. I can't force a sync either. It doesn't generate an error, it simply doesn't do anything.

This is for 7.1.0.1502.

I know a new build just came out, but we are testing it thoroughly after the last few builds came with issues.

Has anyone installed 7.1.0.2031 to see if this has been fixed?
t7MevELx0
Service Provider

Post by t7MevELx0 » 1 person likes this post

We applied the latest version, 7.1.0.2031, and this seems to have fixed the issue for us. If I notice anything else related to this issue with the new build, I'll post it here for everyone's benefit.