Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mvalpreda
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Mark Valpreda

Veeam.Backup.Manager.exe - high CPU and no jobs running

Post by mvalpreda »

I opened a case on this a few weeks ago since my jobs were not running (07148129) and did not get much help - upload logs, send event viewer dumps - never got a timely reply. I have the same thing going on today and opened a new case (07197667).
Veeam.Backup.Manager.exe is sucking up all the CPU it can get and none of my backup or replication jobs have run for 2 days. If I kill the process, they will run. I don't want to do that, I want to get this investigated while the issue is happening.
I don't see much in the way of disk activity - just Veeam.Backup.Manager.exe chewing up CPU for 2 days.
Ivan239
Veeam Software
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Ivan

Re: Veeam.Backup.Manager.exe - high CPU and no jobs running

Post by Ivan239 »

For subsequent investigation, you can dump the process if there is a need to kill it. In the future, at least, it will make it possible to understand what exactly this manager is doing.
mvalpreda
Enthusiast

Post by mvalpreda »

It would just be helpful if someone replied to the case. Initial contact was under an hour (at 10:37a Pacific), there was one more reply at 11:13am, but have not heard anything since.
mvalpreda
Enthusiast

Post by mvalpreda »

Been 22 hours since someone replied to a P1 case. What is going on with support lately? Costs go up, response goes down.