Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
mcz
Veeam Legend
Liked: 180 times
Full Name: Michael

SOBR data transfer session state

Post by mcz »

Dear PM's,

since v12 there is this specific alarm in veeam one which warns/reports about failed offloads to an object storage (as part of a SOBR).
Now sometimes "things" go wrong - either because of a timeout or network interruptions or whatever and that's when I receive those alarms. What I would like to have is to suppress the first 2 failed attempts but report starting from the third on, but the alarm settings don't provide anything at all in that direction.

Is there any other way to achive that goal, any workaround? The idea behind my request is that I don't care if one or the other session failed, it just counts that it eventually is successful within some hours, but it doesn't have to be successful on the first attempt...

Thanks!
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 168 times

Re: SOBR data transfer session state

Post by RomanK » 1 person likes this post

Hello Michael,

Unfortunately, there is no trigger/ignore after property for this alarm rule. As far as I know, there is no way to skip some alarms.

Anyway, the idea is interesting. Thanks for the feedback. It's noted.
mcz
Veeam Legend

Post by mcz »

thanks Roman!
mcz
Veeam Legend

Post by mcz »

Hi Roman,

I have almost forgotten that I did create a case... I'm still annoyed by this alarms and I just never can trust if it was just a temporary failure or if it was significant. Essentially you care about failures where uploads to the object storage are really not possible - in terms where it fails but works in the attempt No X or where it is even fixed on the next retry or within 2 minutes, you wouldn't really care at all.

In any case, if it isn't possible to copy content to the object storage for a certain VM for X days/hours I wanna know that!

Any chances to see such changes soon? Thanks!
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 168 times

Post by RomanK » 1 person likes this post

Hello Michael,

I've checked and can confirm that this request is on a roadmap. I'm unable to provide a specific ETA or a particular product release version as usual.

Thanks
mcz
Veeam Legend

Post by mcz »

Thanks Roman, I like it. :)