Backup of enterprise applications (Microsoft stack, IBM Db2, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SAP)
Noushad
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: NoushadK

Case #07198706 :RedHat Linux Oracle database restore failed in Veeam explorer

Post by Noushad »

we have backed up a Redhat Linux Oracle VM using normal vm backup and enabled application aware processing by providing required credentials. later backup was successfully completed.

but when we start Oracle application based restore, it launches Veeam explorer for Oracle and directly asks for target server connection details for Huesrisitc analysis . As per documentation, after Veeam explorer is launched, we should be able to see and select our backup restore points. in our case it directly asks target server connection details. based on Veeam oracle DB restore documentation, it should not ask for server details at beginning for heuristic analysis.

when i checked in Veeam documentation link given below, this target server details are asked for Hueristic analysis for non-application enabled backups.

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=120

Case #07198706 is already opened with image error and logs.

no idea why it goes to heuristic analysis., please help to resolve this issue.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Case #07198706 :RedHat Linux Oracle database restore failed in Veeam explorer

Post by PetrM » 1 person likes this post

Hello and Welcome to Veeam R&D Forums!

I bet there were some issues during application processing performed by our guest component and we cannot consider the resulting backup as the one created with AAIP. Anyway, it's up to support to investigate the debug logs and find out the root cause. Please continue working with your engineer.

Thanks!
Noushad
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: NoushadK

Re: Case #07198706 :RedHat Linux Oracle database restore failed in Veeam explorer

Post by Noushad »

we had a call with Veeam support today and we just validated if all permissions are in place and we again took a full backup and it was successful. but when we go to application items for oracle restore, it launches explorer and directly asks for Target linux server credentials for heuristic analysis, when we give credentials, in next page, we give the oracle DB home directory path and when click 'analyze' we get same "failed to move file", can anyone please look into this to provide a resolution.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

As far as I see, the case is escalated and is being researched by my colleagues from Dev/QA team. Nevertheless, I asked the team to prioritize this request. Let's wait for what they can find out.

Thanks!