Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
pr_osit
Service Provider
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Pat

Veeam 365 group mailbox backup issues

Post by pr_osit »

Hi guys,

We have hundreds of clients backing up 365 data with Veeam. Something strange I've noticed recently for about 8 clients is that the jobs are getting stuck on a single 365 group mailbox (that is also a teams group) whether it has any data in or not, doesn't seem to matter, this can hold up the job for hundreds of hours and doesn't ever progress. This is spread across multiple different types of clients with different backup configs, different proxies etc. Have initially looked into it with support and have just excluded those objects and moved them to a separate job and seemed to help, however found another few today too, so seems like something weird going on. I feel like this might be a microsoft or veeam bug of some kind, just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

I have about 8 clients with the issue so not sure if I need to log 8 more new support cases and collect logs (which will take hours to open cases and upload logs), so thought I'd ask here first. Originally opened 5 cases and uploaded logs and they all got merged into one.
Case #07112905 - since opening the case, I think I've narrowed down the issue further to this specific issue.

For jobs which also process sharepoint data, have had similar issues with processing teams posts on the same group, I thought it might be related to both jobs conflicting however found the same problem in clients with just mailbox backup only.

Example screenshot:

Cheers,
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Veeam 365 group mailbox backup issues

Post by Mike Resseler » 1 person likes this post

Hey Pat,

Not sure what is going on, and this seems to be something which is not expected. For now I suggest you keep us informed about this case and the research done by our engineers. I will try to follow-up as good as possible and escalate to the dev team when needed
pr_osit
Service Provider

Post by pr_osit »

Thanks Mike, I think I will make a new case with more concise information now that I believe I have narrowed down the issue, will share the case # here and let you know how it goes with support and re-investigation. Thanks.
techK
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Ed

Post by techK » 1 person likes this post

Just chiming in to say I've been having similar freezing issues, case 07151425. My company just signed up for the 365 backup and so far not having a good experience with it.
pr_osit
Service Provider

Post by pr_osit »

Have been busy the last few weeks, haven't had time to log a case and collect logs, have just added a workaround for this issue as it's continued to come up.
Had time this morning so collected logs and created a new case for this specific issue.
Case #07188885
pr_osit
Service Provider

Post by pr_osit » 1 person likes this post

Support has given me a fix for this, have deployed it so will test and see how this goes. Will update this thread.
pr_osit
Service Provider

Post by pr_osit »

Good news, issue does appear to be fixed now. Cheers!
AlexL
Service Provider
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Alex

Post by AlexL »

I'm also experiencing this issue, multiple customers, multiple group mailboxes, been happening at random since a few weeks.
This fix that support supplies, that's a private hotfix I'm guessing?
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 708 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

Hi Alex,

Correct, that was a private hotfix. If you're facing a similar issue, please open a support case to get assistance.

Thanks!