Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
grant.t.garrity
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Grant Garrity

Feature request to suppress OneDrive not found warning

Post by grant.t.garrity »

Hello! Requesting a feature or fix to suppress/remove OneDrive not found warnings on our Veeam backup for M365 platform. Here is an example of the warning we receive for any user who has not setup OneDrive yet.

Processing OneDrive Devine, Ann E. (Adjunct) completed with warning: OneDrive was not found (ID: cbfb96b6-418d-4878-aa2d-b8edd7a94c67, name: Devine, Ann E. (Adjunct))

Thank you,
Grant Garrity
grant.t.garrity@wilmu.edu
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Feature request to suppress OneDrive not found warning

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hey Grant,

One of the issues is that this warning can mean 2 things:

1. The user has not connected to OneDrive and that is the reason why you get it (which means once the user uses OneDrive, the warning will be gone)
2. There is really a problem, and IT need to investigate.

So to tell you the truth, I am always a bit hesitant in suppressing these warnings as you might miss important information as an administrator.

Do you suffer from it a lot? And is it always point 1?
MaartenA
Service Provider
Liked: 24 times
Full Name: maarten

Post by MaartenA » 1 person likes this post

It would indeed be nice if there were options for this notification (and the virus notification ;) ). We mainly see the OneDrive message among customers who backup based on a group of users instead of the entire organization
grant.t.garrity
Novice

Hey Mike,

We feel comfortable with suppressing the message if possible, we split up the jobs via last name so it's 4 separate jobs, to answer your question yes it's always point 1, user just hasn't connected to OneDrive and it's currently a lot of users so the warnings just drown out anything else that might be important.

Thanks,
Grant
grant.t.garrity
Novice

Hi Mike,

Any update on this to suppress the warnings for us?

Thank you!
Grant Garrity
grant.t.garrity@wilmu.edu
MaartenA
Service Provider
Liked: 24 times
Full Name: maarten

Post by MaartenA »

Mike,

Could it be that the behavior is different when you backup on a group basis instead of for the entire organization? It seems when you make a backup on a group basis, Veeam really expects that there is a OneDrive and gives a warning when it is not because of what Grant mentioned, while based on Organization Veeam only takes the Onedrives that can actually be backed up by Veeam. We only see this message with customers doing a backup based on a group and when I see Grant's message he does this too. If this is the case maybe the quick fix is to make the behavior the same compared to backing up the whole organization?
DaStivi
Service Provider
Liked: 35 times
Full Name: Stephan Lang

Post by DaStivi »

i also vote for ah option to supress these warnings at least Job wide... the issue especially with serviceproviders is that i can't and won't will to exclude hundreds of users in jobs manually each one by one... the same is true for "personal sites", though the fixing of this issue might me easier when you just exclude the personal sites... and in theory that has not really an impact.. but for OneDrive you can't just exclude the complete onedrive backups as i'd like to have them for at least that users that have an onedrive!