Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
pgitdept
Influencer
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: PGITDept

SureBackup Timing Question

Post by pgitdept »

Good morning,

We are looking to use SureBackup to verify one of our servers on a weekly basis. The problem is that the verify job currently takes about 20 hours and this is an ever increasing amount of time. A full backup of the VM takes about 1 hour 45 minutes. This means that we currently have about 2 hours before our next backup kicks in.

My question is what happens when the SureBackup job takes more than 24 hours to complete? i.e. when the next backup kicks off

Many thanks

Mark
Cokovic
Veteran
Liked: 59 times
Full Name: Haris Cokovic

Re: SureBackup Timing Question

Post by Cokovic »

In the moment where the backup job starts your Surebackup job will be shut down. So your backup job will run as expected.

But about 20 hours to complete a SureBackup task is way too long :shock:

Is this a single VM? Or do you start any additional VMs in your Surebackup job (for example DCs in an application group)?
pgitdept
Influencer
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: PGITDept

Post by pgitdept »

Thanks for that.

We run a Perforce Server that can verify it's internal databases but the problem is that when running it on our production environment it takes 20 hours to complete. This is a single VM.

If it will shut down our SureBackup server we need to look at using the built in replication method and going from there.
Cokovic
Veteran
Liked: 59 times
Full Name: Haris Cokovic

Post by Cokovic »

Ah ok i see. I thought the Surebackup job itself takes about 20 hours. But this explains it :)

And it will just shutdown your lab with the SureBackup job. Not your server ;)