Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
brupnick
Expert
Liked: 13 times
Full Name: Brian Rupnick

Veeam ONE/VBR v6 Integration

Post by brupnick »

In Gostev's Veeam Community Forums Digest from today, one of his paragraphs ends with the following: "By the way, did you know Veeam ONE v6 integrates with Veeam Backup & Replication v6?" We have been using VBR v6 since it came out and just installed ONE v6, so I'm intrigued by the possibility to integrate the two. Unfortunately, I just searched the ONE manual and it doesn't seem to mention how this is done. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam ONE/VBR v6 Integration

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Brian,

Veeam B&R and Veeam ONE are integrated by default, right after you start working with Veeam ONE. Integration is done for monitoring backup activity and there are two things that would make your performance troubleshooting process much faster:

1. With Veeam ONE you have an ability to suppress any alarm that is triggered during Veeam B&R activity, snapshot creation and etc. In this case you will eliminate sending multiple alarms at the time when you have a scheduled backup window, thus your attention will not be drawn away from true problems and issues happening in virtual environment.
2. The second thing allows you to display all these types of events on performance charts: live migration, snapshot creation events, snapshot removal events and Veeam Backup events. This also comes handy when you're trying to pinpoint the root cause of the performance issue happened.

Thanks!
brupnick
Expert

Post by brupnick »

Thanks Vitaliy. So it 's not like I have to actively indicate my VBR environment to my ONE environment or vice versa?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, but based on the feedback we are planning to add deeper integration possibilities, so if there is anything you would like to see in next versions, please let us know.
brupnick
Expert

Post by brupnick »

We just got everything installed on Thursday and are working on being able to access the Monitor from our desktops. Once that's in place, we'll really be able to start playing with it and see what it's capable of.

On a separate note, has anyone had issues accessing the Monitor remotely from a different domain? Our ONE server is in DOMAINA, but our desktops are in DOMAINB and don't seem to want to connect. I haven't spent much time on this yet, so I don't have much more information than that.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ok, hope you'll enjoy your evaluation!

As regards your connectivity issue, then please take a look at this existing thread, should help: ONE V6 - Pipes Errors