Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Alkemyst
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Alkemyst

Need a VAW server license compatible with B&R 9.5U3a

Post by Alkemyst »

Hi,

We have a licensed B&R install (perpetual for another 1550 days) and just added a physical windows server instead of a VM. Is there anyway to get a license for it so back ups run. I get the "this VAW is free and it requires a paid license" error.

Veeam wants us to upgrade to the latest at $425 an instance, almost $10k a year. They told me they cannot give me a license for this whether paid or not.

Also we can just set this up as it's own backup and not use B&R directly, but this customer has 10+ other VMs all backed up to one location with us and was looking for another "Veeam" backup.

Advice is wanted. If we do go standalone then Veeam isn't a requirement. It's a 1.2TB SQL server.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6730 times

Re: Need a VAW server license compatible with B&R 9.5U3a

Post by Gostev »

Hi, I can only confirm that our sales are technically unable to generate 9.5 agent licenses at this time. This is because the license format has changed with V10 and the license generator is only able to create V10-style licenses for some years now. Thanks
mjr.epicfail
Veeam Legend
Liked: 41 times
Full Name: Danny de Heer

Re: Need a VAW server license compatible with B&R 9.5U3a

Post by mjr.epicfail » 1 person likes this post

Yeah I’m with Gostev on this one. It’s an old(er) unsupported product with a long past due end of sale.

I guess you have to bite the bullet and buy the new version. As alternative you can also contact a Veeam cloud service provider for a rental model. If you don’t want to pay all the cost up front and just pay per use.
VMCE / Veeam Legend 1*