Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ARycroft
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Andrew Rycroft

Veeam Tintri VMstore SQL Transaction log backup?

Post by ARycroft »

Hi,

Please can you advise me? We have a Tintri VMstore storage device. We do use Microsoft SQL database software. We want to use Veeam to backup the MS SQL transaction log files on a regular basis. I believe the Veeam Tintri plug-in only supports the Tintri Intelliflash arrays, and not the VMstore arrays.

We are concerned the using the Veeam VMware Snapshot integration to enable the transaction log backups will result in long stun times for the databases which is unacceptable in our environment.

Please can you advise if it is possible to integrate Veeam with the Tintri VMstore device to use the Tintri VMstore functionality via scripting or some other method?

Kind regards
Andrew Rycroft
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6767 times

Re: Veeam Tintri VMstore SQL Transaction log backup?

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

Hi Andrew, as far as I remember VMstore has a unique design that is unlike any other storage system out there, so it is simply not compatible with our storage snapshot integration. Thanks
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 534 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Veeam Tintri VMstore SQL Transaction log backup?

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

@ARycroft I didn't work with this storage device, but you may try our plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server if you can install it in the SQL server OS. I wouldn't expect any stun times for the databases, thanks to VDI working under the hood.

Thanks!