Disaster recovery orchestration for the Enterprise (formerly Veeam Availability Orchestrator)
tom.delozier
Lurker
Liked: never

Recovery Plan - SAN replicated volumes

Post by tom.delozier »

Hi, I am new to Orchestrator and have installed v7 in our DR site. We have an ongoing project where Pure replicated volumes were configured and deployed at local and remote datacenter to support a larger DR plan. Part of the implementation plan was to use Orchestrator to automate the tasks needed to promote/demote volumes and import and bring the VM's up in a disaster recovery scenario. I see support for many SAN vendors for VBR, but am seeing only HPE and NetApp as having integration. Is there support for non-Veeam/HPE/Netapp replicated storage when creating a Recovery Plan? If the Pure supports it, can the recovery plan be extended with scripting to add the various needed functions? I don't know if this is enough information, but any help to find a best way forward would be appreciated. Thanks!
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 363 times

Re: Recovery Plan - SAN replicated volumes

Post by Alec King »

Hi Tom,
At the moment Orchestrator does not support direct integration with Pure storage, as it does for HPE and NetApp. This feature is on our long-term roadmap but right now I'm afraid it's not possible to specifiy a release date.
There are other methods to achieve DR in your situation - for example you can use backups to protect VMs on Pure storage, and recover them using instant VM recovery on the DR site.
Using scripting to accomplish all of the tasks that Orchestrator performs during storage failover and VM registration would be challenging. However both Pure and vCenter have the relevant APIs. Are you in touch with a Veeam system engineer or architect, or a Veeam partner, that could assist with this?