Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
jimkeops
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Veeam ONE adding HyperV SCVMM Server

Post by jimkeops »

Hey guys,

I'm starting using Veeam ONE , I was able to add my vCenter successfully, now I'm trying to add my SCVMM, already installed the VMM Console on me ONE server but when I add the SCVMM it shows a configuration issue: "Veeam ONE Monitor server failed to collect infrastructure topology"
Does anybody know what could be wrong or if am missing something?

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam ONE adding HyperV SCVMM Server

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Pablo,

Could you please tell me what version of SCVMM server you're trying to add? What account do you specify to connect this server? Btw, are you able to connect to SCVMM server via Admin console from Veeam ONE server machine?

Thank you.
jimkeops
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Post by jimkeops »

hi Vitaliy,

i'm using SCVMM 2008 R2, using an domain admin account to connect to it, the console i installed on the Veeam ONE server was 2012, i already tried installing the VMM console 2008 as well and when am trying to add the VMM server i got this message:
"The term 'Get-VMMServer" is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name or if a path was included. verify that the path is correct and try again"

i installed 2012 console again, it let me add the SCVMM server to Veeam ONE but keep showing the configuration issue.
from the VMM console in the Veeam ONE server i cannot connect, i'm not sure why :(, i can rdp the SCVMM server, can ping it, all the VMM services are up

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Looks like you've run into a known issue which is documented in our release notes:
Release Notes wrote:Connection to SCVMM server may fail if two versions of SCVMM Admin console (2008/2012) are installed on the Veeam ONE Server machine.
To resolve that you need to remove SCVMM 2012 Admin console completely, install SCVMM 2008 Admin console, reboot this server and then add SCVMM Server, should help.

If it doesn't, then I would suggest to contact our support team to troubleshoot this issue further.