Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
xantios
Novice
Liked: never

VM Guest disk alarm

Post by xantios »

Good evening,

I'm trying to understand why a VM which had a disk over 90% disk usage was not alarmed by Veeam one.
I opened a ticket to support, but I received the answer that the problem is related to the fact that the alarm is not set on vcenter.
I'm not sure that this answer is true, because if I execute the report called "Guest Disk Free Space" it report the vm with low free space.
People that receive low disk size alarm from Veeam One has first configured the alarm on Vcenter (considering that vcenter doesn't has an integrate alarm on disk size percentage).
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 760 times

Re: VM Guest disk alarm

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Just to clarify - do you want this alarm to go off if any guest VM disk is 90% full?

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/one/r ... ml?ver=120

Also, please post the support case number so that we can review

Thanks!
xantios
Novice

Post by xantios »

No, I want that the alarm send me an email to alert, and opened a case to know why the alarm was not triggered (also on the Veeam one console there were no alert on this machine).
I received the answer that it's due to the fact the alarm was not set on the vcenter. I don't find any documentation that report this.
Case # 07278918
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 183 times

Post by RomanK »

Hello xantios,

Thank you for sharing case #. Unfortunately, after case closure and data deletion, we cannot check much. I'll try to contact the engineer directly and let you know if the case should (re)opened.

While the data source is the same, alarms and reports may use this data differently. Email distribution is completely another mechanism.

Having that, the simplest way to check disk space alarm is to increase thresholds and ensure a 100% trigger chance. Then the alarm must be seen in the Veeam ONE Monitor UI.
If it is there, the email distribution should be checked next.

Thanks
xantios
Novice

Post by xantios »

Don't worry, it seems that the engineer understood the answer was not correct and proceed with further investigation.
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 183 times

Post by RomanK »

Hello xantios,

In 07278918 case, the vCenter server was excluded, and that caused the issue. Not sure if it was you, but the contact person on the customer side asked to close it. Having that, support assumes that the issue was resolved. No further investigation is done on our side.
If the issue is still there and you need Veeam support assistance please open another case and mention the previous case #. It helps to route cases faster.

Thanks