Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
SteveOllis
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Stephen Ollis

V6.0.0.164 - Stuck in "Processing Configuration"

Post by SteveOllis »

Hi,

Recently upgraded from v5 -> v6.0.0.164

Prior to the upgrade, Backup and Replication jobs were running flawlessly.

Now, I am experiencing an issue where some of the VM's in a backup group get stuck in a "Processing configuration" state. Other VM's in the group complete "Processing configuration" in under 20 seconds, where the problem VM's don't ever seem to exit that state. One I'm looking at right now has been "processing.." for 33 minutes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve
SteveOllis
Novice

Re: V6.0.0.164 - Stuck in "Processing Configuration"

Post by SteveOllis »

Further troubleshooting looks to point to the same issue as in http://forums.veeam.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4031.

What is the recommended way around this issue?

Just to confirm, I'm running the following setup:
  • local Vsphere Server (V4.1) as a VM
  • Backup Server and local proxy as a VM
  • remote / DR Vsphere Server (V4.1) as a VM
  • Both VMware clusters have separate EVA SANs, and all nodes in the clusters have access to all LUNs
Your help is appreciated
SteveOllis
Novice

Post by SteveOllis »

Further to this:

I vMotion'd the VC, Backup Server and the VMs in the Backup group all onto the same ESX host, and re-ran the replication: same symptoms.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Stephen, with all technical issues I strongly recommend contacting our support team as requested when you click New Topic. Thanks!
seanleyne
Novice
Full Name: Sean Leyne

Post by seanleyne »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Stephen, with all technical issues I strongly recommend contacting our support team as requested when you click New Topic. Thanks!
Vitaliy,

This type of response helps nobody.

Why bother with a forum if all technical issues will be directed into the void which is tech support?

There are plenty of other software vendors which look at their community forums as an extension of their tech support -- since it can allow for users to quickly find solutions to problems without having to load down tech support.

I would encourage Veeam to adopt a more open view of their forums.

Sean
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

seanleyne wrote:Why bother with a forum if all technical issues will be directed into the void which is tech support?
Correct, you should not bother - because this is not a support forum in the first place. The purpose of this forum is clearly explained in the same place that Vitaly had already mentioned.
seanleyne wrote:There are plenty of other software vendors which look at their community forums as an extension of their tech support
We have a different view on these community forums based on our own experience. This community actually started as tech support community 5 years ago, but down the road we had to remove support from here for multiple reasons.
seanleyne wrote:allow for users to quickly find solutions to problems without having to load down tech support.
For that purpose, we do have searchable support knowledge base readily available on our support portal, which lists all issues currently known to our support. Additionally, in the main forum there is a sticky topic with most commonly observed issues.
smile_dav
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times

Post by smile_dav »

Hi Steve,

Just wondering whether you got around to solving the issue? It appears I've encountered the exact same issue where the replication gets stuck on he same stage.

Thanks