Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
orty229
Novice
Liked: never

Re: Offloading Jobs stuck at 99% for Days

Post by orty229 »

Definitely happens in 11a with Wasabi. Not enough instances(Most Go through but definitely 99% ers) worth my time to open case(s) but guess will .
do.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2277 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Once you do that, kindly PM me the ticket number, or post it in a separate thread so that we don't keep derailing this discussion. We will only be able to provide to follow the investigation and provide assistance from our side after you open a support case. Thanks!
AlexandreD
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: ALEXANDRE D

Post by AlexandreD »

Hello all,

Sound similar to my "problem".

I open a case, number 07332689

We have setup a new s3 compatible storage for secondary copies. I have lot of backup copy job to object repository.
What i see when a backup copy is running, all VMs with data transferring ending, are at 99% for long time. I don't know whats happen in background in the VBR GUI.

[MOD] Debug logs removed per forum rules

12 minutes per VM to start synthetic full. But it's similar when there is no synthetic. Finishing the processing of a VM at 100% is very very long. At this stage I have the impression that the VMs are processed one by one, not in parallel.
I have multiple backup copy, with several hundred of VMs, and it's very difficult to achieve RPO 24H.

I'm in 12.0.0.1420 P20230718
Unfortunately, we cannot upgrade VBR as we like. I have to deal with this version for now.

Alexandre
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 7097 times

Post by Gostev »

This might be normal depending on the storage used. Some object storage is really slow to process deletes, which results in very slow retention processing at the end of backup. You should definitely seen an improvement after upgrading to the current version, as it received quite a bit of optimizations around object storage interactions.