Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
JasonJoel
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Jason Bottjen

V6 - Any way to show live data on dashboard?

Post by JasonJoel »

I am evaluating VEEAM ONE v6 and have what may be a dumb question...

Is there any way to show actual DATA on the main 'dashboard' start screen? Out of the box it is just a grid of folders which you have to drill into to see any actual information. I much prefer a one page 'overview' with live data.

Is that even possible?

Jason
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: V6 - Any way to show live data on dashboard?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Jason,

Could you please tell me to which dashboard are you referring to? Is it a web-based reporting dashboard or a summary tab in Veeam ONE Monitor Client?

Thanks!
JasonJoel
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Jason Bottjen

Post by JasonJoel »

I was talking about the screen you see when you open the web client and click the Dashboard tab.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ok, this view is just a navigation page, which allows you to create your own dashboards and shows you a list of predefined dashboards.

If you prefer to see everything on the single dashboard without any drill-downs, I would suggest to create a custom dashboard and place all the widgets on this dashboard. After that you may want to add this dashboard to your favorite bookmarks list in a web browser and check it every time you need to get the most recent state of your virtual infrastructure.

Hope this helps!
rbrambley
Veeam Software
Liked: 57 times
Full Name: Rich Brambley

Post by rbrambley »

Jason,

You can't show live data (a widget) on the home screen of Veeam Reporter (the piece of Veeam ONE we are talking about).

You can go directly to the url of any dashboard or widget you like. Open a dashboard and look to the top right of the page for the URL. Look at each widget in the top right corner and see the URL there for just that widget. Pick your favorite report from the workspace and save it's URL. Create shortcuts for these and go straight to them anytime you want.

As far as the data being live - not really. Veeam Reporter is not the realtime tool. That's Monitor in Veeam ONE. The best you could do with Reporter is set a collection job for every 1 hour, so that's as "live" as you can get. Have you changed the default collection schedule in the configuration (top right of page header). If not, your current Reporter data is only being updated at 3 am every night.

Monitor is realtime but not a web based tool. Install the Monitor Client on a system, and then watch your favorite realtime graph / tab with it.
jantman
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jason Antman

Post by jantman »

Is there any way to set a "default" dashboard that will display with a GET / request?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Don't think it is possible. You still need to choose a desired dashboard from the predefined group.