Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
moggyman
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Quick question re any possible clash with RDP

Post by moggyman »

Hi

I'm a newbie so apologies if this is in the wrong place - or it's a dumb question!

I have two windows 2008 R2 x64 Standard VMs that were created in an identical way. From my XP workstation I can use a Windows Remote Desktop connection to one server OK but I can't connect to the other. All firewalls are turned Off, RDP was enabled in the same fashion on both If I use vSphere Client to open a Console on the problem server I can RDP to other VMs from there OK. If I do the same on another server and try to RDP the problem one it won't connect. A Telnet on the usual RDP port states "Connection failed". All VMs are on the same ESXi host.

The only obvious difference between them is that Veeam B&R is installed on the one I can't connect to and that makes me a little suspicious.

Has anyone ever bumped in to this sort of problem before?

Thanks
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Quick question re any possible clash with RDP

Post by foggy »

Hello!

This could hardly be caused by Veeam B&R as we do not even touch RDP port in no way. Might be connected with something else - are there any other differences between those VMs?

Thanks.
moggyman
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Re: Quick question re any possible clash with RDP

Post by moggyman »

It was just a thought as I'm running out of things to eliminate. The servers' OS and setup are identical as far as I can see - I certainly didn't create them in different ways. Apart from Veeam being on the one I can't attach to, the other difference is that the 'good' server is in a workgroup and the 'bad' server is in our single AD domain. I don't want to mess with the bad server as it's trialling Veeam and I don't wish to upset it. I'll take a clone of it, move that to a workgroup and see if RDP works.