Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
vmbackupuser
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times

Exclude local / non-shared datastores from Reporter

Post by vmbackupuser »

I'm running Veeam ONE v6, and I've manually excluded all local /non-shared datastores from within BusinessView.

With the new integration of the various applications in Veeam ONE v6, I was expecting Reporter to pick up the datastore exclusions from BusinessView but this appears to be not the case. Reporter still reports on all datastores across the infrastructure local & shared.

1. I've read the manual about excluding datastores natively in Reporter, but its now very intuitive. I was expecting a 'browse' button to select datastores you wish to 'exclude'. Is there further detail on how to 'select' the local datastores to exclude in Reporter?

2. Can you provide tighter integration of Reporter with BusinessView regarding datastore exclusions?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Exclude local / non-shared datastores from Reporter

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Sip,
vmbackupuser wrote:With the new integration of the various applications in Veeam ONE v6, I was expecting Reporter to pick up the datastore exclusions from BusinessView but this appears to be not the case. Reporter still reports on all datastores across the infrastructure local & shared.
Could you please tell me what report are you trying to run?

1. Yes, you're right, we need to improve this wizard to be more intuitive. In the current implementation, you need to specify datastore names to exclude them from all the reports.
2. Yes, my door is always wide open to the feedback coming from Veeam ONE users. Could you please tell me what reports do you use/want to see with a more tighter integration?

Thanks!
vmbackupuser
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times

Post by vmbackupuser »

Hi Vitaliy,

Thanks for the prompt response.

1. In our environment we are only concerned with Shared Datastores not Local ones.

In particular the Datastore stats I'm seeking are skewed in the following Widgets of the VMware Infrastructure Dashboard
- Datastores Capacity
- Allocation Ratio
- Consolidation Ratio

This would also be the case in the following Reports:
Datastore Capacity
Datastore Configuration, etc..

Perhaps there could be an option in VeeamReporter v6 to Exclude any Datastore with 'Datastore Type' = Local, or Allow only 'DatastoreType'=Shared
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hmm...currently there only thing that could help is our exclude from collection job functionality, in our next releases I will see what we can do to help you.