Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
bilalaker
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Bilal

Veeam Exchange AIR restore to pst , to onother user

Post by bilalaker »

Hi, I am using Veeam 6 Enterprise.
I have prepared Application Group, Virtual lab and Sure backup job.
I can restore an user's mailbox items to original destination.
But the problem is that. How can i Exctract these mailbox items to pst file/to afolder.
Second problem is how can i restore an user's mailbox items to onother users.
On Exchange air at "restore target" there is no option for user selection or PST export.

I have read the topics but there is no clear explanation. Just written yes it can do by using Exchange AİR
If its possible, please answer using step by step.
Thanks..
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Veeam Exchange AIR restore to pst , to onother user

Post by Gostev »

Are you running Exchange 2010? Because as per the U-AIR Wizards Guide, restore to a file is currently not available for Exchange 2010. However, we are working on adding this capability. Thanks!
bilalaker
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Bilal

Post by bilalaker »

Hi,
Yes i am using exchange 2010 sp1. Need to export just selected mailbox items to pst file. (I can do that from Bavkup using exchange powershell, but it exports all mailbox items or between specific days not selected items)
As you said Veeam Exchange air does not have this feauture yet. I hope it would be added with an update.. :)
In Veeam universal application item restore.pdf guide it is write like that.
""With the Microsoft Exchange Recovery wizard, you can restore individual mailbox items such as e-mails, contacts and appointments back to the production mailbox, save them as an Outlook PST file or as individual files.""
I thought , it would do pst export.

For my second problem , i have searched for restoring mailbox to different user. But again there is no option on Air recovery wizard. So i need firstly recover user SID from AD restore then Exchange mailbox restore.

If i am wrong please correct me..

Thanks..
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Post by tsightler »

Honestly, the easiest way to do this is to simply connect to the Exchange server running in the virtual lab with Outlook. Then you can pull out whatever mails you like into a PST by using the export feature.
joergr
Veteran
Liked: 39 times
Full Name: Joerg Riether

Post by joergr »

You might also take a look at ontrack powercontrols. AFAIK there was a free edition, too, but i can´t quite remeber the limitations.

Best regards,
Joerg