Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
DrEggman
Novice
Liked: never

Unable to remove VM from backup job

Post by DrEggman »

Hi,
First post, new to Veeam and the forum!
I was planning on resizing a disk (non system, basic, with no contiguos space) on a machine this evening using Aomei's partition assistant (unless anyone suggest something else?) which is full of SQL backups.
The current backup job has been created using the resource pool view. I have added the machine earlier on in the backups to allow me time to do it this evening. I then edited the existing pool it is allocated in with view to removing it although the option is greyed out.
How can i back up this machine, once at the earlier time of the evening without it being backed up again later on? I also want to revert to the orginal time after the disk has been resized remove the temporary one for this evening.
Thanks! :D
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: Unable to remove VM from backup job

Post by Gostev »

Funny you should ask about this functionality right now. In fact, we are getting ready to release the next version of our product, that would allow you to do exactly that (quickly perform one-off backup of selected VM for operation, portability or archival purposes).

As for right now, your only option would be to create the new, dedicated job with that single VM.
DrEggman
Novice

Post by DrEggman »

Gostev wrote:Funny you should ask about this functionality right now. In fact, we are getting ready to release the next version of our product, that would allow you to do exactly that (quickly perform one-off backup of selected VM for operation, portability or archival purposes).

As for right now, your only option would be to create the new, dedicated job with that single VM.
Thanks for the prompt reply! Ah, the problem is i want all the other backups to continue as normal. Can i created a seperate job for the one VM i need to work on and run it alongside the main one?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

Absolutely.
DrEggman
Novice

Post by DrEggman »

great, thanks for clarification and prompt reply!