PowerShell script exchange
ChrisVH1982
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Christian van Haut

Show active backup tasks in PowerShell

Post by ChrisVH1982 »

Hey folks,

I have been using PowerShell to run backup jobs. The script first queries for a list of backup jobs and executes them one by one. But this is not efficient anymore since we have a large mount of servers and data. I'd like to run 3 backups in paralell using a Powershell script. Is there a command in Powershell to get a list or number of backups tasks running?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Show active backup tasks in PowerShell

Post by Gostev »

Hi Christian, so why do you need a PowerShell script when B&R v6 is designed to do this natively (that is, ensure the desired concurrency of 3 backup jobs is maintained at all times)? Thanks!
ChrisVH1982
Influencer

Post by ChrisVH1982 »

Thanks for the quick reply! Well bevore v6 a colleague of mine created a very simple script to run the backups using PowerShell. I don't want to configure a schedule for each backup job. Instead, I want Veeam to start backing up all my servers at 20:00 o'clock. Is that feasible with Veeam without console commands?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, you can configure all your jobs to start daily at 20:00 and set the maximum number of concurrent jobs to 3 (should be done in backup proxy settings). While the first 3 jobs will be executing, others will be put into a queue and will wait for the available slot on the proxy server. This will allow you execute all your jobs one by one and ensure that you do not have more than 3 jobs running at the same time.

For more details on how it works, please take a look at our User Guide (page 19). Thanks!
ChrisVH1982
Influencer

Post by ChrisVH1982 »

Thanks Vitaliy, I'll do it this way then!