Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
GregGawlowski
Novice
Liked: never

Veeam 6 - email notification sent to incorrect address.

Post by GregGawlowski »

Hi.

We are currently implementing Veeam 6 in to our VM infrastructure, the version we are running is 6.0.0.153.
I've found very annoying bug that floods our support mailbox with tons of alert messages.
Initially we've configured Veeam email alerts and notifications to be sent out to support@domain.com but we found that the number of email notifications is so big that we decided to create separate public folder and send all notifications emails there. To configure email notifications I'm going to Tools/Options/E-mail Settings tab and changing the list of recipients, using ";" to separate email addresses.
The support@domain.com email address has been removed from the "To:" box and replaced by veeam@domain.com. I've sent the test email and test message was delivered only to veeam@domain.com public folder as it supposed to be. Unfortunately after short while I've found that all notifications being delivered to both email addresses the veeam@domain.com as well as the one I've deleted support@domain.com.
The issue is very annoying and has already putt us into a situation where a genuine support request from the customer has been missed due to the flood of Veeam alerts in the support box.
I've already checked system registry and majority of Veeam config files but I can't see the support@domain.com email address in any of them.
The message header as well as Exchange reports clearly showing that email being sent by Veeam (not forwarded from any other account).
We need to get that sorted ASAP as those notification emails are a real pain.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions.
Thanks in advance!

Greg
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam 6 - email notification sent to incorrect address.

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

Hi Greg,

Do you possibly have support@domain.com specified in each backup/replication job settings?

Thanks!
GregGawlowski
Novice

Post by GregGawlowski »

Hi Vitaliy.

I think that you was right. There are additional Notification settings in the Backup & replications\Jobs\%jobname%\Storage\Advanced\Notifications tab.
I'll disable it and run a test job to see if notifications will be delivered only to public folder.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards

Greg
GregGawlowski
Novice

Post by GregGawlowski »

That was spot on!

Problem resolved.
pcmmitham
Influencer
Full Name: Pierre Mitham

Post by pcmmitham »

you might also want to update to the latest build 181