Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
cmdrriker
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Will Smith

what user terminated a running job?

Post by cmdrriker »

Is there any veeam log or powershell command that will show what user terminated a running job?

Is it possible to enable some type of auditing within veeam6?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: what user terminated a running job?

Post by Gostev »

It will be reflected in the job session history. It is enabled by default, and you cannot disable it, or delete any records.
cmdrriker
Enthusiast

Post by cmdrriker »

Unless I am looking in the wrong place, I am not seeing a username in the job session history. Can you tell me please where the job session history is located so I can confirm that I am looking in the right place?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

User names are provided for restore operations only. There is also System event logged on each UI startup, but I don't remember from the top of my head if it shows the user name or not.
cmdrriker
Enthusiast

Post by cmdrriker »

So there's no way then to tell which user terminated a running replication job? If there is not, then I would like to submit a feature request.
homerjnick
Expert
Liked: 35 times
Full Name: Nick Mahlitz

Post by homerjnick »

Forgive me if I am wrong but you can only run Veeam B&R Console on the Veeam server itself?

Thus if you control access to the server via permissions, auditing etc then you can marry that to the events in Veeam itself?

That is what we do, each tier of support can log into the Veeam server, which is audited as to who and when, and then I can marry that with activity on the Veeam server to see what they did...

I would prefer to be able to install the console on different machines and create roles, scopes, permissions etc so that different tiers of support can do different things in Veeam.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

homerjnick wrote:Forgive me if I am wrong but you can only run Veeam B&R Console on the Veeam server itself?

Thus if you control access to the server via permissions, auditing etc then you can marry that to the events in Veeam itself?
Correct.