Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
istoOi
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

daily backup but weekly notification

Post by istoOi »

Hello everybody.

I have a question about the email notifications configure of Veeam backup.
It's nice to know if a backup complete successfully or not, but this can be annoying if you get tons of emails. So we now configure the notification to only get emails if something went wrong. But this is also suboptimal.

I thought it would be the best way if Veeam collect all successful daily backups and send us the informations weekly. If this is possible it would be nice, of someone explain me how :D
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: daily backup but weekly notification

Post by Gostev »

Hello. The Enterprise Manager component provides this feature, but with daily (not weekly) summary emails. Weekly would be a bit too rare, since this way you risk not noticing broken backup for up to 1 week. Thanks!
istoOi
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

Post by istoOi »

Hi Gostev.

I know it's too rare if all notifications come weekly, but i still want to get daily emails about broken backups. Only the notifications about successful backups should come weekly.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

But in that case, how do you know your backups are even working :) say, on Monday your Veeam infrastructure brakes and completely stops working. You are not getting any emails until Sunday, assuming your backups are fine, when they are not happening. But in reality, you are not getting those emails because your backup server is dead. With your proposed solution, you will only understand that on Sunday, when you will not get your weekly summary email.
dellock6
Veeam Software
Liked: 1928 times
Full Name: Luca Dell'Oca

Post by dellock6 »

If you only want to know if something goes wrong, you can select email notification for errors, and ignore emails for successful or warning results.
Luca Dell'Oca
Principal EMEA Cloud Architect @ Veeam Software

@dellock6
https://www.virtualtothecore.com/
vExpert 2011 -> 2022
Veeam VMCE #1