Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
clix
Influencer
Liked: never

Testing "Hardware Problems" - V4 issue

Post by clix »

I've been testing the hardware monitoring on V4.0.0.144 & found that once the alarm is triggered (red alert), it does not go back to "green - normal" after you have resolved the fault.

For example, I've unplugged one of the redundant power supplies on an IBM x3650 server which triggered the "alert" as expected, but when plugging the power back it stays in the "red" alert status.

Checked the hardware health status in VI client after plugging the power back in & it shows all normal (green). For some reason Veeam Monitor is not picking up the "back to normal" status.

Has anyone else seen this also?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Testing "Hardware Problems" - V4 issue

Post by Gostev »

Thanks for letting us know, we will try to reproce this issue/scenario internally.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

We were unable to confirm the issue at this time, but we will keep researching.
We will probably need some more information from you on this, please stay tuned :D
clix
Influencer

Post by clix »

Thanks for looking into this Anton.

Just let me know what other information you need.
bbrush
Novice
Full Name: Ben

Post by bbrush »

Same issue. We setup Veeam 4.0 monitor last week and pulled the plug on one of the redundant power supplies in a PowerEdge T610 to test the hardware alarms. The Veeam alarm triggered and we plugged the power back in, however Veeam continues to trigger alarms saying:

Sensor "VMware Rollup Health State" equal Warning Sensor "Power Supply 2 Status 0: Power Supply AC lost - Assert" equal Alert

VI client shows the status back to Green but Veeam continues to think it is unplugged even after a full system shutdown of the Veeam client machine and the T610 server. Any help appreciated.
bbrush
Novice

Post by bbrush »

Finally decided to just remove the ESX host from Veeam monitor, which erases all performance data, etc. along with the process. It took a minute to remove from Veeam, then I added the host again... The Veeam hardware tab is no longer reporting a faulty power supply alert but when I get around to pulling the plug again I'm pretty sure it will trigger false positives again...
ssimakov
Veeam Software
Liked: 63 times
Full Name: Stanislav Simakov

Post by ssimakov »

Ben, we are currently investigating the same issue for another customer. Could you please provide us with some details? Is it only alarm that is red after resolving the problem or is the hardware sensor on Hardware tab red also?
bbrush
Novice

Post by bbrush »

The hardware sensor on the Hardware tab was showing red also in Veeam monitor. VI client showed green for all items.
clix
Influencer

Post by clix »

Any update on this issue?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

We believe we have fixed this in the code, but we were having hard times reproducing this bug in our lab in the first place. If you would like to test the fix, please contact our support referring this thread. Thank you.
peterdanielp
Lurker
Full Name: Peter P

Post by peterdanielp »

Hi- I am also having similar trouble with my very first installation. I just installed VeeAm Monitor 4.0 on a Dell PowerEdge 2950 Server with ESX Server 3i 3.5.0.
I tested the alarms by pulling the second power supply and I didn't receive the email alarm until 24 hours until after the event. I plugged the cord back
in and it did not update the health status to green within 24 hours. I deleted the entire server from the monitor and now it shows green. This seems like
the same problem. How can I get the fix?
clix
Influencer

Post by clix »

Thanks Anton,

I installed the new build of Veeam Monitor (after contacting support) on a test system & it now works properly.

Great work guys :D

@peterdanielp - as per Anton Gostev's reply "If you would like to test the fix, please contact our support referring this thread. Thank you."

Email veeam support for the fix.

Cheers.