Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
inventica
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Victor

How to interpret Sure Backup logs

Post by inventica »

Helllo guys!

I wonder if there is a way in Veeam 6 to enable advanced logging for Surebackup jobs? The logs I get in the job windows ar enot very usefull. I can't get to the root of my problem with one of the VMs in a test lab. My backups are on a USB drive, it's quite slow but it works. There backup is 450GB in size 6VMs in total and only one constantly fails sureback up. it's about 300GB in size, just a file/terminal server.

I can logon to this VM in troubleshooting mode when it runs off a usb backup, all services run, including VMWare tools. It does take a long time to boot, about 40min before I see the desktop, but it does work. my exchange server which is the same size, passes surebackup successfully day in day out

so what does this Powerign On message tell me? Is there any other place to find detailed logs?

thanks

victor
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: How to interpret Sure Backup logs

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Please do not post log snippets on the forums, as requested when you click New Topic. If you need help making sense of debug logs, please contact our support team directly.
inventica
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Victor

Post by inventica »

Vitaliy, thanks for the tip

I know it's none of my business but what's the point of this forum then? Everywhere else I can post the logs and people with similar problems will easily find this topic searching by the error message.

almost all my veeam posts so far are either deleted or I'm told to contact support! your censorship policy is quite impressive. Why do you call it a "community forum" ? is it not where people are supposed to talk to each other about their problems?

It feels like this is a "communist community forum" where you may only ask questions that Veeam wants to hear!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

We do not censor our forums, we just kindly ask everyone to follow the forum rules when posting. These rules are shown in red font when you click New Topic. Only if you ignore these rules, your post will be removed. As to the main purpose of these community forums, they are explained in the same topic with forum rules. Also, you may take a look at this topic for additional discussion. Thanks!