Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Scripting Jobs

Post by tsightler »

I'm almost sure I've seen comments on this forum that talk about starting jobs from backup scripts, windows schedule, etc, but I don't see anything in the users guide about using the product from the command line. Am I just overlooking it? Can someone give me a pointer? We would like to write a manual "quiescing script" for our Linux hosts which can do things like put Oracle in hot backup mode, flush mysql, etc. Our thought was to create a script on the Linux host to perform these tasks and simply call it from the Windows Veeam server prior to running the backup script. Once the backup snapshot was created it could take Oracle out of hot backup mode.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Re: Scripting Jobs

Post by Gostev »

Hi Tom, the command line to start Veeam Backup job can be found in the Summary text box on the last step of the job wizard.

As for Linux backup, you should instead use VMware pre-freeze and post-thaw scripts. These scripts are executed automatically during snapshots operations. One of our community members has recently posted Oracle-specific scripts, please refer to this thread for more information.
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Re: Scripting Jobs

Post by tsightler »

You right, that's a much better idea for the Oracle issue, however, we have other cases where we want to be able to trigger the backup on an event so the command line is good too. I don't now how I missed it.

Thanks!!