Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
she
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: she

Replication problem after esx host exchange

Post by she »

Hi
one of our esxi5 host had some problems with its bootbank, so I had to install it fresh and configure it new. I could not restore esx config because it was
not able to backup it. Now esx is running again with all stores and all vm s. Before this exchange there was a repl from all VMs of this host to another esx with about 20 snapshots of each VM. Now the same repl job is no more working. I got an Error: fault.DuplicateName.summary
if its running. I tried to remove this esx host from job and inserted this host again. Same problem. In vcenter the old host was removed and the new host (same name and IP, credientials, etc...) was added
I also tried to make seeding and manuelly map reliks, which is partial working, but all snapshots will be deleted
If I made a complete new job it is working, but I need my old replicas
Any help ?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Replication problem after esx host exchange

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Looks like you need to remove duplicate entries from SQL configuration database to make it work. Please contact our support team and include your support case ID, or this topic will be removed as per our forum rules. Thanks!
she
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: she

Post by she »

Hi Vitaliy

you think its a problem in config of the veeam SLQ Server ?
Where can I found your forum rules and what is the problem to post this thread ? I could not found any link to forum rules.
I have opened a ticket yesterday, but I also prefer the answers from forum, because they are also very helpfull
Ticket is ID#5198664
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Just click the red link provided when you click New Topic for additional information on the forum rules.