Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
AlbMin
Novice
Liked: 3 times

Some questions to B&R 6.1

Post by AlbMin »

Hello,

I´m testing with B&R 6.1 and have some questions?

With retention points in a backup job I can say, I want keep the last 14 (for example) Backups. Is there a possibility to say I want keep all backups for the last 3 months? I know, if I set the retention points to 90 by a daily backup job that´s the same, but in this case, if I start the backup job manual 10 times on the same day, I can back just 80 days.

Question 2:
If I create a backup job I must choose the vm´s to backup. Is there a possibility to see, which vm is already in another backup job?

Question 3:
Can I map a backup job with a imported backup?

Thanks
AlbMin
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Some questions to B&R 6.1

Post by foggy »

AlbMin wrote:With retention points in a backup job I can say, I want keep the last 14 (for example) Backups. Is there a possibility to say I want keep all backups for the last 3 months? I know, if I set the retention points to 90 by a daily backup job that´s the same, but in this case, if I start the backup job manual 10 times on the same day, I can back just 80 days.
Within the product, you can only set the number of restore points to be kept.
AlbMin wrote:If I create a backup job I must choose the vm´s to backup. Is there a possibility to see, which vm is already in another backup job?
To check whether the particular VM is already backed up by any other job, you can select the Backup & Replication > Backups node in the product UI and type the VM name in the search field provided above the list.
AlbMin wrote:Can I map a backup job with a imported backup?
To be able to map the job to the backup, you need first to rescan the repository where the backup is stored (backup will be imported automatically). You cannot map the job to the backup imported manually (using the Import button).
vMO
Expert
Liked: 21 times

Post by vMO »

To avoid the break of the backup chain, you can use VeeamZip for this 10 manual backups per day..
AlbMin
Novice
Liked: 3 times

Post by AlbMin »

OK, thank you.

Best regards
AlbMin