peste
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Stefan Petershofer

(Re)Start a longer not used Replica Job

Post by peste »

Hello,

i have one question (and a little one afterwards...:)):

We replicate one of our customers Server for a while (according to a normal backup job). After a while (at May 9th) the veeam Service has passed by and we were forced to restart the backup server/proxy (which is also an vm on this host). The normal backup job runs normal again but the replicas job state was disabled. This was no slightly overseen until now - in which we discuss internally the sense making of an replica on the same host... So, can i start the job again ? And if i do so what will veam do - a full new replica ? When you click on a backup job you have the option "Run full active backup" on a replica job such an option is not present. Or should we delete the whole job (with it´s replicated machines) ? My favourite option would be simple enable it and run... But 9th of May - until now is a bunch of time. The Machines size is about 350GB (compressed) and 570GB (uncompressed).

Thanks for help.

Regards,
peste
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Re: (Re)Start a longer not used Replica Job

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

Hi Peste, go with your favorite option, this should work just fine. Veeam will do an incremental run, and transfer all changes since May 9th. Thanks!
peste
Enthusiast

Post by peste »

Hi Gostev,

thanks a lot. One question i forgot: On this replica job there is no application aware processing activated - should this be better enabled also on replica (it´s an SBS 2008 with an Exchange 2007) and if so, can i do this also afterwards and the job will run as my favorite option ? :) Thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

Yes/Yes
peste
Enthusiast

Post by peste »