Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rick-dws
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Rick Molczyk III

Offsite Replication

Post by rick-dws »

Having an issue with a seeded replication. I sent the backup offsite via usb drive, connected it to the server, created a repository pointing to the usb drive, created the replication w/seeding from the repository. Now it is all done and works fine when the usb drive is connected, however once i remove it I get an error that the backup repository is not accessible. What am i missing here?
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Re: Offsite Replication

Post by tsightler »

Just a guess, but perhaps you also selected the USB repository as the location to store the replication metadata. The metadata should be placed on a repository that is close to the source proxy.
rick-dws
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Rick Molczyk III

Post by rick-dws »

Nope, the metadata is stored in the source repository. It does appear after redoing the job and mapping the vm instead of seeding it will work.
joshua1909
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Joshua Riesenweber

Post by joshua1909 »

I had this problem as well. I got around it by modifying the job once I had done the initial seed, and just removing the seeding section.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

joshua1909 wrote:I had this problem as well. I got around it by modifying the job once I had done the initial seed, and just removing the seeding section.
Yes, this was my second thought as well, thanks for confirming that it does help, though let me check with a dev team why seeding repository presence is checked in this case.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

This was supposed to be fixed in one of the updates.