Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Daveyd
Veteran
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Dave DeLollis

Backup duration and size doubled since upgrade to 6.1

Post by Daveyd »

I think this may have been discussed before but I'll give it a shot. I upgraded to 6.1 yesterday and all my incrementals kicked off last night. Looking at the Success emails, I noticed that 95% of my jobs have all but doubled in duration and size. Nothing else has changed except for the upgrade. I am backing up only Vmware VMs. Is this to be expected after the first job run after the 6.1 upgrade?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Backup duration and size doubled since upgrade to 6.1

Post by foggy »

Dave, better contact technical support with the full logs for investigation in this case. While minor increase in the job duration could be explained, the size of the backups should not be affected that hard.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

No, this has never been reported before with thousands of users having upgraded. What else did you do before "nothing else" happened? :D

Guess something happened in addition to Veeam upgrade which made all your VMs change their unique IDs, so they are now treated as the new VMs and causing full backups done. Please include your support case ID if you'd like to keep this topic open.
Daveyd
Veteran
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Dave DeLollis

Post by Daveyd »

All I did was upgrade Enterprise manager first then upgrade B&R. I promise :)

I comparing the v6.1 emails I received last night to the night before's 6.0 emails and i saw a pretty big difference. I'll check again tomorrow morning after the incrementals run again tonight and see if they are more inline with the 6.0 stats.