Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
vmguysa
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Marc Stoffberg

Veeam One V6.0 Chargeback

Post by vmguysa »

Hi,

I am new to Veeam One and so far I am a huge fan. I have one issue though, my client purchased the product specifically for its chargeback capabilities and I cannot find anything regarding the setup or creation of chargeback reports or any instructional video/guide on how to implement it via a report pack. my questions are:

1. Does Veeam One actually perform / create Chargeback reports or does it leverage off another product?
2. Is there a step by step guide or could you direct me to any documentation that covers the chargeback reporting in Veeam One?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam One V6.0 Chargeback

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Marc,

Could you please tell me what chargeback model does your client use? Is it based on actual resource usage or resource allocations/configuration?

Thanks.
vmguysa
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Marc Stoffberg

Post by vmguysa »

Hi Vitaliy,

my client uses a resource allocation/configuration chargeback model

Regards
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

In this case I would suggest to use Veeam ONE Business View as a basic chargeback/showback tool. There is no out-of-the-box functionality to specify cost price for each physical resource consumed, however in order to build a chargeback report, you need to categorize VMs according to their SLA, department, owner and then export this data to Excel so that you could use it in your further analysis. Hope this helps!