Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
roadking
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Robert Martin

Version 6.1 Feature Request

Post by roadking »

I love the email reports i get after a backup job has run and completed. However, I sometimes do backup testing and troubleshooting and disable email notifications through the options dialog. After testing -- I sometimes forget to re-enable email notifications and the jobs run and complete and I don't get a report in email.

Could there be a way to add something like a 'send report' or 'email report' through the job statistics view in the Backup and Replication Console? I realize that I could get an Excel report through the Enterprise Manager but that doesn't include all the information that the email notification does.

I guess what I'm asking is -- could there be something that could re-send the same information that the email notification does manually -- after a job runs.

I could see many uses for this -- to resend for reporting or auditing purposes for one.....

Thanks very much -- and I do love the way 6.1 works and functions -- just askin..... :D
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Re: Version 6.1 Feature Request

Post by tsightler »

You can actually get the same information in the same format by right clicking the job and scrolling to the bottom. You can then copy and paste just the information you want to send it. Not perfect, but quite close and available today!
roadking
Enthusiast

Post by roadking »

thanks for that tip. I did figure out that I can highlight the job, and under Job Tools menu at the top (version6.1) then selecting 'Report'. This gives the entire history of all runs for that job -- then I can scroll to the bottom and cut and paste the job summary into an email. That's what I would get in the automated email notification.

I was just wondering if there could be a one click version of that. :wink:
roadking
Enthusiast

Post by roadking »

and yes - I do see where I can right click the job I want -- then select report -- then when the HTML opens scroll to the bottom to get the most recent run and copy and paste.
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Post by tsightler »

Understood, just providing a little "workaround" for the time being if you really need the information.