Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
zak2011
Veteran
Liked: 41 times
Full Name: Arun

Test recovery option

Post by zak2011 »

Would it possible to have an option in VBR where the production site is still up and running and in parallel a test recovery can be conducted so that the DR can be verfied?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Test recovery option

Post by Vitaliy S. »

If you're referring to SureBackup jobs then they are already performed within an isolated environment. Thanks!
zak2011
Veteran

Post by zak2011 »

Not exactly SureBackup. I was referring towards the fail over option. What i meant was having a way to run a test recovery of the replicas on the DR site, and having a report that the existing replicas on the DR site actually do work and at the same as having the production VMs running. Could it possible to have a good level of replica verification and test recovery process rather than just manually powering on the VMs at the DR site. Please correct me if i am wrong, doesn't SureBackup verify backup jobs. Does it also verify replicas on the DR site?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

You're right, SureBackup job works with backup files only. Replicas can be easily verified manually (please search for existing topics outlining the verification procedure) as they are already stored in the native format which provides access to the VM/application via native tools (such as vSphere Client).
zak2011
Veteran

Post by zak2011 »

Could you send me some links to this. I tried searching but was not successful. I do agree replicas can be verified manually but it would really be a cool if there was a way to automatically do this by press of a button.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »