Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
rolandp
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Roland Pinches

Datastore charts

Post by rolandp »

Hi,

I've recently upgraded Monitor 5.0 to Veeam One v6.0.
One of the items I'm now missing is the view of provisioned/allocated/free space in our datastores. In Monitor 5, clicking on 'Datastores' it shows in one view, multiple datastore details.
The same information is available in v6.0 but it's not shown on one page; you have to click on each datastore individually.

I'd like to be able to see all datastores in one view with nice bar graphs showing the size of the datastore, how much has been allocated (over provisioned) and free space.

Can this be done?

Thanks,
Roland.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Datastore charts

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Roland,

This information has been offloaded to a reporting component of Veeam ONE. Could you please tell me if you've been able to check our new predefined web-based datastore dashboards?

Thanks!
rolandp
Influencer

Post by rolandp »

Hi Vitaliy,

I've had a look around, and tried creating reports, but I can't find exactly what I'm looking for. The reports seem to be text based only and I'd really like the graphical reports we had before.
If you can give me instructions on where to look and how to create a graphical report, that would be great.

Many thanks,
Roland.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Please check "Datastore Space Usage History Report" and "Datastore Capacity" reports, as they both use graphics and data tables to report on the free/used datastore space. Hope this helps!
rolandp
Influencer

Post by rolandp »

Both those reports are great reports, but not quite what was available in Monitor 5.

The Datastore Capacity report is the closest with its Storage Overview (TOP 15) graph, however, there are 2 items missing from this graph
1) the provisioned size to show how much over-provisioned the datastore might be and
2) the datastore names. Currently there are no labels along the bottom of the graph so it's not possible to tell which bar relates to which datastore.

Clicking on the 'details' link completely changes the graph, but does show the datastore names.

Is it possible to customise this report to include the information I'm after?

Thanks,
Roland.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Adding datastore names to this report by default is a good idea and it shouldn't make this graph look messy. As to the provisioning rate, then we'll be releasing "Over-provisioned Datastore Overview" report soon, so it should address your current issue. Thanks!