Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
spf62
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Steve Fritsch

sizing an enviroment

Post by spf62 »

Hello all and thanks in advance for your help,
We are currently using Veeam ONE for monitoring, and reporting data, storage and CPU usage. We have to a lot of new VM's which will overload our current enviroment.
My director has assigned me the task of sizing for the new additions.
Is there a place in reporter, where I can add al the new servers I and have VEEAM ONE give me a report on what I will need for new ESXi hosts??

FYI:We are currently a HP house, using DL785 G5's, DL585 G7's and DL385 G7's for our production enviroment.

I read somewhere that Veeam ONE can do this, but I can't find that documentation on how to do that.

any help is appreciated

thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: sizing an enviroment

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Steve,

Would you like to have a report that would allow you see the utilization trend for your environment? Is that what you're looking for?

Thanks!
spf62
Enthusiast

Post by spf62 »

No, I know how to do that.
Basically I want to pretend I don't have a VMWARE enviroment at all, input all the potential VM's and have a report run that tells me what I need for ESXi hosts, RAM and CPU on those hosts.
Does that make sense...? it's hard to explain.

ThQ for your help
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Oh..so you would like to know what host configuration you will require if you decide to provision new VMs to your infrastructure? This kind of report was available in our previous version (#4). Currently we are working on the updated version of this report. This report as well as other capacity planning reports should be available in our next update which should be released in a couple of months. Stay tuned!

P.S. as a workaround, you may want to try leveraging resource usage of existing VMs as a baseline for your new VMs. This should allow you to predict hosts configuration you will need to support the new environment.
spf62
Enthusiast

Post by spf62 »

Thank you for your quick response... like most companies, my director wants this NOW! :o)
I'll use your suggested workaround for now.

Thanks again for your help