Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
James@JC
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: James Childs

Custom Alerts

Post by James@JC »

Hi, first time user of the forum, we have Veeam installed and displying on our 50" flat screen monitor. is there anyway of using our own recorded alerts so when specific sites/issues are flagged we can have a alert played?

My apologies if this has been raised before?

James
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Custom Alerts

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi James,

All alarms (predefined and custom) are displayed in the same view on the summary dashboards and alarms tab. Could you please clarify your question as I'm not quite sure how you would like to use your own/custom alarms?

Thanks!
James@JC
Novice

Post by James@JC »

We are looking to assign a .wav file to specific warnings hitting a certain threshold. Also (cheeky i know) whilst i have you, where in the system would i configure it to monitor Services on each citrix srv?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

To play custom *.wav file, please click on "Actions" tab while editing the alarm, then choose "Run Script" as post alarm action and specify batch file which will play your wav file. You may also try to specify wav file directly instead of triggering it from the batch file (might work).

As regards services monitoring, then currently it is not possible to set alarms on services state, but thanks for the feedback.

BTW - how would you like to monitor services on Citrix server? Do you want to base your alarms on services state like "Stopped", "Running" etc.?
James@JC
Novice

Post by James@JC »

Yes - with regards to a birds-eye-view of all the services running, we are needing something that will offer an alert to any change in the services, eg - "Stopped" "Re-Started" etc. Is this something on the Horizon?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

Yes, we are going to implement this capability down the road.
James@JC
Novice

Post by James@JC »

Awesome news, thanks!
James@JC
Novice

Post by James@JC »

Chaps is there a limitation on running scripts on the trial version? as i have tried to run scripts using both 'cscript C:\Scripts\Alert.vbs' and 'C:\bat\alert.bat' with no joy!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi James, there are no limitations in our trial version. Could you please tell me if your service user account has access to the location with specified post-alarm script?
James@JC
Novice

Post by James@JC »

our user account 'veeamone' is a member of the administrator group. Are there specific services that should have been created on install?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Check that account used to run Veeam ONE Monitor Server service is able to access this folder and launch this script. If everything seems to be ok, I would recommend to contact our support team and let them investigate it further via a remote WebEx session.