Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
James@JC
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: James Childs

Memory Usage alerts not firing?

Post by James@JC »

Hi chaps,

having an issue with the predefined alert for the memory usage.

i have added some .png's to show where we are at with this.

We have a number of SQL servers that are constantly getting hammered and the memory usage is always upper 90%

We also have had some of our CTX servers with a continued memory load (when we have removed one server from the farm and the load balance is set to use just one, instead of 2 servers).

i understand that this needs to fire continuously for 5min, which it does but we are seeing no alarms for this

Another question for you: - we need to monitor each specific disk independantly.. esp C:\ D:\ and E:\ can this be done? and can we have the setting for the threshold as 500MB rather than 1GB?

Thanking you all in advance!

Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Memory Usage alerts not firing?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi James,

What you're currently looking at is a Guest OS memory consumed performance counter. SQL Server will always consume (by design) all memory you've allocated to the SQL Server VM, but it does not necessarily mean that this server is actively using all its memory. Besides, you cannot really compare Guest OS and VM-level performance counters, please check out this thread for further details.

Thanks!
jeremyh8
Enthusiast
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Jeremy Harrison

Post by jeremyh8 »

does anyone have an anwer to the 2nd part of the question below? This is something i would like to do as well :)

"Another question for you: - we need to monitor each specific disk independantly.. esp C:\ D:\ and E:\ can this be done? and can we have the setting for the threshold as 500MB rather than 1GB? "
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Sorry, I've missed that part for some reason :)
James@JC wrote:Another question for you: - we need to monitor each specific disk independantly.. esp C:\ D:\ and E:\ can this be done? and can we have the setting for the threshold as 500MB rather than 1GB?
No, currently that's not possible, but thanks for the feedback!