Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dschrader@iu17.org
Influencer
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Daniel Schrader

Veeam Reporting

Post by dschrader@iu17.org »

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there was a way inside Veeam Backup and Replication to view reports on the jobs we run. I am looking to see the average percentage of the load/bottleneck and what I need to take a look at in order to fix any issues that I see. A list of all of the errors that have been produced in a certain period of time.

The reason I ask this is because my administration is asking things like "Where do we need to upgrade", "What are your problem areas", and "okay so you have problem areas, prove it".

Now I know Veeam One can do this from the VMware side. But I would like to see it from the Veeam side.

Currently I can see the report per job per night but I would like to be able to run a report on these jobs that are being run and see a fuller view of everything. I basically want to be able to see where my issues lie per day, week, month, year, etc.

I currently do not want to go through every backup job and calculate the numbers out and come up with some data that I have no way of showing them where this data came from without saying I did this long process.

Oh and maybe some pie charts :)

Thanks,
Dan
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Re: Veeam Reporting

Post by tsightler »

You're only real options are to cull the database yourself, not too bad if you know SQL as the schema is pretty simple, or to use PowerShell to get the data you want. The vPowerCLU v6 Army report is a good place to start.

http://vpowercli.wordpress.com/2012/01/ ... my-report/
dschrader@iu17.org
Influencer

This is a nice view report and it you can customize it and do a lot of different things with it but I am looking for something more on the lines of Veeam One reporting built into Veeam B&R.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

We've got an existing discussion on what reports might be useful too, check it out: Backed up vs. not backed up reporting

If you have anything to add to that list, please let us know.
Platform1
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Scott Cooney

Post by Platform1 »

This question comes up time and again. The lack of built in reporting is a major issue for service providers I assure you and is one reason why my company is looking at different solutions. It is a basic necessity to be able to pull down numbers on the amount of data backed up for a specific group of VMs over a set period. As Veeam is now a mature product and claims to be #1 for virtualisation data protection this is one area which has been ignored for too long. Whilst I understand Powershell scripting can full fill some needs it shouldn't be necessary.
dschrader@iu17.org
Influencer

I completely agree with you on everything you just said. Customers want to be able to pull a report and see exactly what their products are doing. For example if VMware did not have a performance monitor to show us what was going on they would not be so big right now. I think Veeam needs to implement this ASAP to give its customers the ability to see what is going on.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

We are working on this.
dschrader@iu17.org
Influencer

Thank you Gostev! Any idea for when this will be released?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

When it’s ready ™ ;)